Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Oh, basball...

Oh... goodness... I have had a love/hate relationship with baseball this year. I really love the sport and I love our team. Aiden has made such good friends this past season. He even has really learned to respect the sport and really looks up to the older boys who work so hard and do a great job. I love that Aiden gives 150% each and every time he's on the field or in the batting cage and I love that he NEVER, EVER lets T1D slow him down. I love all of that... I wasn't so fond of the secret baseball underworld that you have to navigate in order to take it to the next level. I don't like that I didn't figure it out in time to get him to that level. And I don't like that now he is at home throwing his ball on the roof instead of getting these 2 extra months of practice that some of the other kids are. But now we know and we will do everything we can so that our sweet boy can play all the baseball that he wants! 
 He really has improved so, so much!
 Especially in the field!
Looks how cute he was a few years ago! (Spring 2011) He wouldn't wear his hat and you can't see it, but Matt is standing on the field right by him. I'd call that an improvement. :)

 See? Beautiful clouds and weather!
 Serious talks...
 And team pride, even after a (rare) loss.
 We've had lots of great visitors too!
 And lots of fun after games too!
These girls have grown up!! (again, 2011)
 And of course, Carter! 
Sibling support (sometimes!)

 Lots of fun parties! 


 And trophies with good friends!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Leigh, that's awesome! I love your sweet pictures. Of my kiddos too! : )
    Your boy is amazing. I'm sorry it's such an underground network, and NO, it's not fair!! Why can't they just PLAY?! Why do we have to make everything a competition? At such a young age even? And this dance world stuff is out.of.control. too!! Whew. Childhood is totally underrated.
    Love you, girlie!!! : )

    ReplyDelete