Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas Eve!

Christmas Eve is kind of my family's day, traditionally. So we do things how I used to when I was little. We have Christmas at my Mom's when we wake up (as opposed to pre-dawn!) Matt and they kids were DYING. They could not wait until 9. It was probably the only time we've been early to a family event in the history of ever.

 Dottie wasn't so sure of Brinkley!
 We had a YUMMY breakfast. Aiden's favorite... pancakes and bacon!
My mom got me these signs that I LOVE! They were painted by Misty Collins at Gravel Road Art. She is a genius! 
 And it wouldn't be Christmas if there wasn't a crash and some shenanigans on the Dicken's Village. I'm not sure how that happens!

  




 The beard... Good grief.
 Yay for Bey Blades

 Uh, BB guns!
 Thank you Nana for all of the special gifts! I loved my signs so much! And oh my gosh... the quilt! <3 a="" aiden="" and="" baby="" become="" been="" bey="" blade="" emma="" everything="" good="" has="" her="" his="" love="" loves="" matt="" much="" number="" on="" pillow="" pooping="" pro="" sleep="" sleeping="" so="" special="" we="">
When we got home, we had to finish up Christmas candy. Then, we headed to Kellie's for Karnes Family Christmas Eve!
 With all of our kiddos with a flare towards the dramatic side, we decided it was time to bring back the Karnes Family Christmas Play. We went with the classics... the Nativity. Because... Happy Birthday, Jesus!!  Teagan was not loving her swaddling clothes! 

 We had some CRAZY dirty Santa going on! 
 Teagan!! 
 Karnes siblings in their Polos. ;)
 Then Mom passed out her extra special present! She made quilts out of my Nana's shirts. It was so, so special and gave them to Kellie, John, and Gary. It was so very special. The quilt just looked clean and crisp like my Nana always did.
 We were tracking Santa all night and when he got to North America, we thought we better get home and to bed. Quick!
 Hurry, dump the reindeer food!

No comments:

Post a Comment