Sunday, January 15, 2012

Emma's 7th Birthday!

We had a "HOG" party for her Friday night with the family (actually it was just a Cotton Bowl Party, but she got presents so it counted as a birthday party!)
 This year, we went back and forth a lot, but (thanks to Pinterest) we decided on an art party (with a side of rainbows). The Art Location was a great place to have it. There were several girls helping and they were very sweet. :)
 All set up!

 Happy Birthday to you, cha, cha, cha!
 The birthday girl.
 My rainbow cake. I have since tried to make another one and found out I was just extremely blessed that that one turned out even half way like the picture! My second one looked more like the Grand Canyon than a rainbow. :(
 The kiddos and their masterpieces!
It was a great day and Emma had a great time. She picked Olive Garden for dinner and it was a great end to a great day!
Dear Emma,
At age 7, you are more fun than ever!  You are such a sweet girl. You are very creative and work very hard on all of your projects. You get especially upset if Aiden messes one of them up and I have heard you say "Please don't mess it up, I have worked so hard on that!" You are very emotional and dramatic, but you also very reasonable and responsible. You are far more assertive than me and have actually been schooling me on the subject pretty often lately. ;) You LOVE fashion, make up and are getting more into fixing your hair. You still aren't just sold on the day to day grind of school, but you seem to enjoy it when you are there and have been really excited about being an "AR reader" (LOL! Matt always says that and I told him he was saying Accelerated Reader Reader. Ha!) I have also been so proud of your interest in Jesus and loving him more than anything else (you and A tell me all the time that you love Jesus more than me. :) We all love you so much and are so thankful for the sweet girl that you are. Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

  1. cute party! Where is that? Looks fun and the girls would love that!

    ReplyDelete