Sunday, August 28, 2011

Emma's First Day of School!!

Before we started school, we had to get primped up a little. Get the feathers refreshed. (And get one for her AG) ;)
 We went to meet her teacher and have an ice cream social the Friday night before.
 Her cousin, Chloe is in 3rd grade there. Emma loves hanging out with her when I volunteer there.
 We had a girls night out and got mani/pedis with Mary Claire. :)
 Then we had some dinner, where Emma completely embarassed me with TERRIBLE manners and I had to wear the disposable flip flops from the salon. Holly and Mary Claire... bless their hearts! ;)
Just because Emma NEVER wears shoes with laces, she didn't really learn to tie her shoes when she should have. Not to mention, she is kind of resistent to my teaching for some reason! So we were determined to learn before we started back. We found some shoes that we had gotten for $5 at Walmart when we had an impromtu family softball game in Huntsville. So we watched some Youtube videos (Getting ready for kindergarten video at the library didn't work "make an X and pullllllll it through") So I let her color each lace different colors and that did the trick. :)
 So... Back to school! I swear she wore a different dress the first full 2 weeks of school and she could keep going, but was kind of ready for some shorts for a few days. ;)
 Emma LOVES Coach Sprouse and I am so thankful that she stands outstide every day and welcomes all the kids. :) That is a HUGE help in getting her out of the car. And that has been kind of a problem this year. She doesn't really think that she has very many friends in her class because they all speak a different language. I have tried to really tell her that it will be a great opportunity for her to learn different languages, but she isn't sold. And I get it. I do feel a little sorry for her, but we will continue to just "accentuate the positive" (by the way, if you follow that link, you will get to hear Bing Crosby and I just LOVE that song. I used to listen to it -a slightly different version- every morning when I woke up in junior high and it greatly improved my attitude!)
 Walking in... Bienvenidos and Yokwei! ;)
 Her class. She was kind of done with pictures at that point. And I was the only mom in there snapping away. ;)
 But we were glad to get back to a routine and she was thrilled to see her teacher from last year!! :) So it will all be good.
 We hope! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Great post and great idea about the shoe laces!! I think I'm going to give that a try :) My Connor really needs to learn how to tie his shoes and everything that I have tried has not worked. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete