Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Dandy-Lions", Diabetes, and Dog Woods

For some reason... this "dandy-lion" reminds me a little of diabetes... So our azalea was just going along doing fine and then all of a sudden out of nowhere, this ugly weed just comes up and freakin' takes over everything! WTH!?! It started off small, I didn't even know it was there. Ok, so that is the extent of my deepness and in case you were wondering, I ripped that sucker out of there. :) I wish I could do that with diabetes. Maybe someday. ;) 

But on a super happy note, I just love these dogwoods that are just randomly all over our neighborhood. I just wanted to remember that. :)

 And this little guy was being so cute but got shy when I pulled out the camera. But he has been going to preschool half days this week and it has been GREAT!!! YAY! I was slightly worried the first day when I picked him up and he was 52, but I just decreased his insulin and viola... he was high! LOL! I bet you thought I was going to say he was right on target, but no... that would be too easy. So a little more tweaking for me to figure out, but my little paper (aka carb ratios and sliding scale) does not factor in stress (he is being brave, but you can tell it stresses him at drop off) or increased activity (I love watching him play before he realizes I am there!) so it is getting jacked up a little. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a nice little formula that actually would take everything that affects D into consideration and then pop out a perfect dose for the situation? But besides that, it is going so much better than I could have ever hoped for!
Emma starts softball practice tonight so I am sure there will be more pictures coming soon!! :) And as for a pool update, we have a metal frame and steps! And Amy, Hallie, and Laura and everyone else in the DOC, OH MY GOSH, you have no idea how much I would love for you to come!! We plan to party all summer!! Make your reservations now! Ha!

5 comments:

  1. But the 'dandy-lion' may just be there for a reason! Before you dig it up and toss it out, take a breath, blow, and make a wish on those furry little seeds. I bet I can guess what you would wish for ;)

    Um, I wasn't notified officially that I have to share my pool with Hallie and Laura . . . but hey, they are super cool chicks so it's alright. Time and place baby, you just name it and me and my crew will be THERE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the dandy-lion analogy...so true and I would be about as "deep" as you too. I would just rip that mo fo outta there and hope for some euglycemic bliss baby.

    Have fun with the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when you figure out the algorithm for the perfect little formula that would pop out the right dosage for each situation...LOVE THAT! I'm glad that pre-school is going well for the little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to swim too!!!!!
    And I want a program that spits out the magic dosage. Maybe Santa will bring one to me :)

    ReplyDelete