Sunday, October 24, 2010

God Things...

I have been thinking a lot about some of the things that God really had his hand in that we didn't know that the time, but it is neat to look back and see how He really did.

Back in January on a Friday, Emma had a slight cold and we had been trying to leave work all day and it was just a bad day. I was supposed to stop by my Nana's to get her Nebulizer to borrow it for Emma. I was really debating just not going and just going home. I was on the phone with my mom, and if you know her, she (like me) will rarely just be assertive and tell me exactly what to do, but she just said, "yes, go". And I did and we caught my Aunt Mary and Nana in the driveway on their way to Sonic Happy Hour. And weirdly, I got both kids out of the car even though they were kind of having cold symptoms just to wave at Nana and blow her kisses. She died that next morning and I have been so very thankful that we went and got to see her doing one of her favorite things!

Then in August, we were on vacation with my Dad and Bev. We had really been worried about Aiden's frequent urination and excessive drinking, so I was talking to Bev about it as we were walking through Downtown Disney. She was our pediatrician's nurse for 13 years before they moved and before Dr. Lovell was our peditrician. :) Needless to say, she is valuable to our family in so many ways and on-call nurse is one of those. So she said that we'd just use my Dad's meter and test it. So we did and it was 104. Phew! This was 2 weeks before Dx Day and when his A1C was 10.0 so he had it then and it should have been HIGH! We we were on vacation and we were living it up! We had just been to the Cheesecake Factory for goodness sakes! But good grief, I cannot even imagine what we would have done if it was not in that normal range when we were there. We would have flipped out if he would have been admitted to the hospital in LA. So that was another God thing.  Another God thing was that my mom, was once again uncharacteristically assertive and just took a sample of Aiden's urine into her clinic when we got home from vacation. Dr. Lovell said that was such a blessing because we caught it before he was really sick. It could have been so much worse than a BG of 489 and just a trace of ketones. God thing!!

Then this is just a little one, but I guess you could say we have a "Family Bed" Matt and I always said that our kids would NEVER sleep with us and somehow they just did and they still do. But after this summer, I realize it is just another thing I am thankful for. One, because when Emma had her little seizure/sleeping/puking thing when we had to take her to the ER, if she wouldn't have been in the room with us, who knows what would have happened. Also, last week a 13 year old girl died in her sleep from Dead in Bed Syndrome, which occurs with Type 1 Diabetes. It is just devistating to Matt and I and everyone. But it just makes me so very thankful to hear Aiden breathing all night. I appreciate each and every little snore and gritted teeth that tell me he is ALIVE. :)

So... this wasn't the lightest and carefree post, but I wanted to record some of the blessings that I have been thinking of lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment