Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Break

Well spring break has come and gone, but I still wanted to put up these pictures. We tried to pack as many fun activities as we could into the week. I think that we succeeded at that for sure! It was a beautiful week with the exception of the HUGE snow we got right before Spring Break and a little rain. And these pictures went on exactly backwards from how we did them so we will start with Friday and work our way back.
Friday we went to an art class at the Gymboree in Bentonville and then we did our usual Friday trip to the library. The kids always stop at this bench for me to take their picture. Usually, I take it with my phone or just pretend. But I had my camera so I got this one. We LOVE the library! After the art class, they got to play in the gym area. That was their favorite part.
Emma coloring on her "chalk board"
Thursday, we went to Art Day at the Jones Center. I have to say I was definitely pleasantly surprised! It was great! They were very organized, they had plenty of brand new supplies for everyone and they had lots of great things to choose from. Here is Aiden's mask he painted. Right before this they made butterflies out of coffee filters.
Emma worked long and hard to get to this play dough machine. She sat patiently forever waiting for the little girl next to her to give it up. Finally one of the volunteers asked the little girl if it could be Emma's turn. We all know that Emma knows how to work the system, but she had to put on some BIG sad looks to finally get it. When she did, she was excited!
Wednesday, we went to Storytime Live at the Walton Arts Center. I was also pleasantly surprised about that. The actors did a great job being just like the shows. The kids did great too. My favorite was Wonder Pets, Emma and Aiden's was Dora.
Before the show.

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. It was a great last spring break before we Emma starts school!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment