Sunday, February 28, 2010
Posted by Leigh at 2:01 AM
Monday, February 15, 2010
Matt has been really into his beekeeping hobby so for his birthday we had a bee theme! Mom spent tons of time making this bee hive pinata with his stash of birthday money hidden inside. And she made the little swarm of bees too! So cute!! It was perfect! He got a chainsaw from his parents.
And mom and I went together and gave him money so he could order whatever bee stuff he needed.
Here was the little bee hive cake I tried to make. Rick's won't be getting any competition from me anytime soon!! ;) Ha!! But it tasted pretty good!
And here were our lovely guests, Matt's mom and dad!! They were being silly!!
It was a fun party!!
Posted by Leigh at 1:38 AM
She was beautiful, as usual!
I am really thinking of having him sign a copy of this so I can sell it on ebay when he is in the NFL. Ha!!
Maggie was so sweet to give Emma her bouquet so we had to have our own Homecoming ceremony when we got home. And here is pre-k maid, Miss Emma Evans... (when they were listing all of the girls' activities and accomplishments, she said "wow, I hope I have that many things to do too!" I was thinking, girl you almost already do!) Emma is the daughter of Matt and Leigh Evans. She is a pre-kindergartner at Coleman Academy. She is active in tap and ballet, soccer and swimming lessons. She is a former member of Durham's tiny tots class. She enjoys
Posted by Leigh at 1:11 AM
Here are a few pictures from the kids' Valentine's parties at school!! Emma wasn't so sure that she wanted to give away her Princess Tiana cards, but Daddy finally got her to sign them and get them ready for her friends. I was sad that we ended up having to use the store bought versions, but I just wasn't up to being Mother of the Year and the melted crayon hearts were NOT working out. Oh well, next year... Aiden really liked his Spiderman cards so it all worked out in the end.
And just because this is one of my all time favorite pictures of the kiddos... Here is a blast from the past... Valentine's Day 2007! I loved Emma's dress and I loved Aiden's little Heartbreaker outfit!! Aiden was so serious, even then! :)
Posted by Leigh at 1:04 AM
- Emma has been saying "that totally cracks me out" (instead of cracks me up).
- She and Aiden have been playing really well together most of the time... However, last week when I picked them up at school, Emma told Aiden that he couldn't have babies because he was a boy and he ran and tackled her from about 6 feet back. The look on her face was totally priceless. She was shocked!! And then, of course, she cried.
- Aiden is as sweet as can be , but lately he has been WHINEY!!! OH, my gosh, Mom and Dad. I am so sorry that I ever whined to you. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I really didn't mean it. Really. God, did you hear that? I repent!!!
But Back to how they have been playing well together...
- They have been playing with their Zhu Zhu pets (Heart and Hamsty) a ton. Thanks, Nana!! They have built houses, stolen blankets from my material stash, and have a whole little town for them.
- They have also been playing Barbies a lot. Poor Aiden, he needs a brother.
- They have been playing dogs and Emma climbed on the counter and got Bella's little dog bowls and they were eating starbursts (aka dog treats) out of it and drinking water.
- Lately, they have been playing baby a lot. I hardly even answer anymore when I hear "Mom" because it is usually them playing. They even got their old potty seat out of the attic and have been using it to go potty. Grrrr! Hell-o that was sanitized!
Also, for quite sometime Aiden has been saying "Hang" as in can you give me that "hang" (thing) and "Hink ooo" (thank you). And lately he has been just full of conversations, mostly about heaven. He is very concerned about when everyone will be going to heaven. And they are both very aware that is where Nana Barb is and they talk about her frequently. The other thing that Aiden says frequently is "When I be a baby..." will you feed me baby applesauce... will you change my diaper... etc. And on a similar note, one of their favorite breakfast foods are "waffles when Emma be a baby" (i.e. Eggo French Toast sticks that Emma loved when she was about 18 -24 months)
Posted by Leigh at 12:46 AM
Thursday, February 11, 2010
- You are special ~Emma
- You make me hot "slockit" (chocolate) ~Aiden
- You sit on the couch with me on Saturday mornings ~ Emma
- You make me deer meat ~ Emma
- You take me outside to pee ~ Aiden
- You keep our hot tub super clean
- You are very strong
- You make the best french toast ever
- You are a the best griller in the south
- You are the hardest worker I have ever seen
- You always teach me new things
- You appreciate the good ol' days
- You love us and we love you
- I think that you may secretly love Disney World as much as I do
- You love Christmas so much and you can't sleep the whole week before
- Four words... Bacon.Wrapped.Jalepeno.Thingies.
- You sing to us ;) (I could soooo post a video of this, but I love you so I won't!)
- You would actually let me drive your truck if I had to
- You are the better grocery shopper in the household
- You even clean the house when I slack off
- You love watching the same movie on HBO over and over and over
- You are very reliable
- You know how to do EVERYTHING
- You keep our house very warm
- You know how to fix everything
- You love Arkansas Football and get so excited for football season
- You built a snowman with me ~ Emma
- You are definitely a "hands on" dad and know everything about the kids and their routine
- Even though you aren't too big on church, I know that you love Jesus and you teach the kids to also. ;)
- You love to go, go, go and get antsy staying at the house too long
- You are always willing to help your family
- I love that we are high school sweet hearts and I will never wear boxer shorts as real shorts in front of you again! :)
- Because you tell me jokes that you "made up" and think they are so funny!
- Because you place such a high value on family!
We love you Matt / Daddy!!
We hope you have the best birthday ever!!
You are so very special to us!!
Posted by Leigh at 3:00 AM