Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Busy, busy...


Last Wednesday night we got to go to see Cathy Rigby as Peter Pan in Branson with my mother in law. Thanks, Leslie! It was great!! I lost my camera, but it was still great. It was even better after we found my camera. But it was even worth losing it because we got to meet the boy that played John and he threw a handful of pixie dust in Emma's hair and she was totally excited about that.
Nanny and Emma in front of The Mansion after the show.
Getting some snacks before the show! Emma got tons of compliments on her Tink outfit. She had to wear it, of course! She dressed as Annie to see Annie, and Dorothy to see the Wizard of Oz, why would it be any different for Peter Pan!?
Here is Peter Pan, himself. But there was NO way that he was going to wear that thing into the theatre. Forget about it!
Bright and early Thanksgiving morning.. Happy Birthday to me!!! Can you tell that I stayed up until three baking? Well, I did. And by the way... Dear Paula Deen, I followed your recipe for Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake to the letter and not one single person even tried it. Not. One. What a waste of cream cheese and butter. It makes me sad to even think about it. Love, Leigh
But on a very happy note, Emma woke me up singing a song from Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses... "today it is your birthday and we sing to let you know, that you will be queen for the day. Whatever you say goes." It was soooo sweet. I cried. But, I'm sure you already knew that.
So we headed to the country to watch Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (my MUST for Thanksgiving, especially for when it is Thanksgiving and my birthday). And just because I never have any pictures of Mema. I am sure she will be thrilled with this one. But still.
The kids table. So cute.
The grown up kids table. Pretty girls!
This was supposed to be the Evans Family (Rick and Leslie Evans) Christmas card, but Brandy, Chas and I are calling for a re-take. I look like I have cigarettes in my back pocket. And we all know that I most certainly do not! And Papa, smile a little... Its Thanksgiving!! :) I do have a better one, but lets just say that Matt wasn't ready! ;)

The annual Karnes Family Thanksgiving Day Pyramid. I agree, Bre, why do we always do it after we eat? We gotta think that one through next year!
The Karnes Family: Chloe, Bre, Olivia, John and Taylor.
The Evans Family
Then Aiden peed in the yard... nice.
And then we played some tug-o-war.
We tried to go see a Christmas Carol after Thanksgiving at Nana's, but it was sold out so we went Friday afternoon instead. It was great, but I was so thankful that Aiden fell asleep! It was pretty scary (not so much scary as it was jumpy). Emma sat in my lap but she seemed to enjoy it even with the jumpy parts. I am pretty sure that I like Barbie in a Christmas Carol just as well and it wasn't jumpy at all! :)

Friday, we did some shopping BRIGHT and EARLY. I love Black Friday shopping and this year mom went with me to be my line saver and cart pusher. Thank you, Mom! That was the best birthday present EVER!
Later that day, we decorated the house and the tree. Matt always puts our star on the tree. Our "star" has always been a little star ornament glued to a toilet paper roll because we spent the first 8 years of our marriage looking high and low for the PERFECT tree topper. We didn't know if we were star people or angel people. But now we realized that we have had this one since our first Christmas and it is really our perfect topper. We love it!
We love all of our ornaments. Every year since we were just dating, we have gotten our ornaments at a booth at the Clothesline Fair in Prairie Grove on Labor Day weekend. So they are pretty much the only ornaments on our tree except for the glass balls that we got at Choices the year we got married and a few homemade ones that the kids put on.
Everytime Emma put an ornament on the tree she sang her version of Deck the Halls (see below). And I do mean EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. And per her request we have held hands around the tree and sang it at least 4 times so far. If that isn't Christmas spirit, I don't know what is! Bless her sweet heart!
Saturday, we made dough ornaments and painted them. "Patty cake, patty cake, baker man, bake me cake, yes me can... low it up... low it up.... THROW IT IN THE PAN!!" said Aiden. :)
 This reindeer was Daddy's masterpiece! Note the white tail and all the detail work! "Dood job, Daddy!!" (from Aiden)
Aiden did a great job mixing colors to get just the right shade.
Emma loved to make polka dots on all of her ornaments. She thought that made them extra special.
That evening, we watched the Hogs play LSU and luckily we had some distractions to keep our mind off being "wide right." Here is Emma performing her concert... "Deck the halls of bells of holly, fa, la, la, la, laaa, la, la, la, la. Tis the season to be jolly, fa, la, la, la, laaa, la, la, la, la. Donner now an early carol, fa, la, la, la, laaaa, la, la, la, la."  (I just had to record the words like she sings them!) 
And here is Aiden. Hmmmm... He saw one of the football players that had on a dew rag and thought he was wearing underwear on his head and there you go... a new trend! Pretty fashionable boy we've got there!
So that has been our last few days. Since then we have just been trying to all get well from the little colds that we all seem to have so we have been getting to bed early and just staying at home every night. It has been kind of nice. This weekend we have Aiden's 3rd birthday! I can't believe it. And then we head off to Disney!! We can't wait!! So I will have tons of pictures to post then. 

One more thing I wanted to record though...
I was talking to the kids about how Christmas is Jesus' birthday. 
Emma: yeah, its His birthday, Jesus Price.
me:(thinking) hmmm, Jesus Price? I don't think that there is a boy with that name at her school. So I said "Jesus Price?" 
Emma: yeah, you know Jesus Price.
me: Ohhhh! Jesus Christ!!
Emma: (in an exasperated voice) yes, Jesus Price! 
Price-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment