Friday, September 25, 2009

Show us your life - Favorite Dessert

One of our family's favorite desserts is the Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball. My sister in law found the recipe and we pretty much have it at every party. It is pure deliciousness. I couldn't find a picture where it wasn't already demolished so I swiped this off of Taste of Home's website.
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Graham crackers

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add sugars; beat just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with graham crackers.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy! I have never thought of putting chocolate in a cheese ball.... I'm gonna have to try it.... Sounds Great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this looks so good! I love nuts--I have this recipe and it has you roll it in Skor toffee bits. That's good too, but I think I'd like the pecans just as much.

    I served it with Simple Pleasures Chocolate Cookies--they are fantastic and really low fat. (I'm Canadian so I don't know if you have those cookies where you are.)

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete