Thursday, September 17, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Dinner Recipes


Kelly's Korner is hosting a blog hop of "go to" recipes this week and here are some that we LOVE!!

Cheese Soup
Oh, yum... this just makes me excited for fall!!
1 C.  chopped onion
4 C. water
4 bouillon cubes
1 C. chopped celery
1 C. diced carrots
2 1/2 C. diced potatoes
1 lb. Velveeta
2 cans cream of chicken soup

Boil water, bouillon, onions and celery until tender. Add carrots and potatoes and cook until tender. Add more water if necessary and cook for 10-15 more minutes. Add cream of chicken soup and Velveeta. Stir often to prevent scorching. 

Potato Casserole
This is the one that we take to most pot lucks or family gatherings that we have. We have it at home a lot too!
1 bag hash brown potatoes (I think it says country style - the square ones)
1/2 stick margarine
8 oz. tub sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
salt and pepper to taste (I usually throw in some onion powder too)

I put all that in a big bowl and microwave it for a few minutes. Then I stir in about 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and toss in the microwave for another few minutes. Then I pour all of that into a 9x13 casserole dish.

Then I melt the other half of the stick of margarine and pour that onto about 2 cups of corn flakes, stir it all up and spread that evenly on top of the potato mixture. (My kids and I LOVE the corn flakes on the top, so we usually add more than that). Then bake it at 350* for about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on your oven. 

Hope you enjoy!! I can't wait to read everyone else's tasty recipes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment