Thursday, September 17, 2009

Girly Drama!! Already??

Oh... this morning just broke my heart!! Emma cried for about 30 minutes straight saying that she did not want to go to school. Now this in itself was not too unexpected. She has never gone full time and I had expected her to get burned out at this point. BUT she proceeded to tell me that if she went, she HAD to wear two short sleeved shirts because she didn't want one of her friends (who shall remain nameless) to be upset with her. She was willing to compromise if she could wear a swimsuit under her clothes (??). Um, no. Now don't get me wrong. We have worn our share of "creative" outfits, in fact I am pretty sure that this article HAD to be written by one of her former teachers, as there were more than a one (ok more than 7) that applied to us. Yes, she has worn plastic high heels (we took extra "real" shoes, of course). She once wore a spiderman pajama top over her snow white dress, and there were many times that she graced the doors of the ol' academy in her lovely Alice in Wonderland dress that Nana made (which kind of looked like a regular dress, you know, if we were Amish). What is a mom to do?? Poor baby girl. I just wanted to hug her and let her wear the two silly shirts! But part of me really wanted to stand up to the peer pressure and the silliness of it all. (I know mom, I am thinking of the white flats that I snuck in my backpack so I could wear them with my zippered leg Guess Jeans, darn peer pressure).We finally (an hour later), compromised on a shirt that was layered AND it had glittery writing. But that put us being late AGAIN!! I hate that!!

On the bright side, Aiden went into his class for the FIRST TIME EVER without crying!! YAY!!! That is a HUGE answered prayer!! He was just so big and walked right in!! WOOO HOOO!!

Hopefully, the day will be better from here on out... Have a great one!!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! Franci is so adament to put on her own clothes right now. She rips pants out of my hand sometimes!

    I read that article you linked on your page and thought that was pretty funny...

    Sounds like you are doing well!! :)

    ReplyDelete