Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bible School Dropout

When I found out that Matt's Mema's church was having Vacation Bible School for those age 3 to 6th grade, I was so excited. Our church (and many others) usually only have it for Kindergartners and up. So I signed us up (me as a volunteer) and got to work making little cards for memory verses. Last Friday we arrived promptly at 5:30 and we were pumped (well, I was pumped and Emma was ok with the fact that we were going because our cousin Katie Beth was going to be there. It all started well enough...

She  and Katie made crafts...
 They played on the tire swing...
They parted the Jordan River...
They had snacks...

And all God's people said... AMEN! It was all good!!
Then came Saturday. She didn't want sing... (Katie and Aunt Susan did though!!)
She hid behind the door... 
She didn't want to go into the camping room (aka nap room). 
She didn't get to open the frankincense
Then she hid behind the door some more...
It was supposed to last until 5:30 but we only made it until about 1 or 2 (depending on if you count the hour that I sat with her outside by the fish pond trying to get her to go back in). Poor baby girl... she just kept saying "but I miss my Dada and Aiden" (she never says she misses Aiden!) That was really one of those tough parenting moments. I didn't know if I should stick it out and make us both miserable for the sake of "consistency" and "not quitting" or cut our losses and call it a good try. We opted for the latter and decided to go swimming. Amen!  
(But on a side note, I did feel really terrible for ditching Katie Beth!! But I was thinking that she would be ok since Susan was there and she had signed up for it before she knew that Emma was going to. I'm trying to make myself feel better  - Can you tell?)

1 comment:

  1. What a story. I can't wait until the days that Pax decides he doesnt want to do something and Im put in a pickle. I just figured out to comment on this so forgive me for not getting back to you until now. I miss our get togethers too! I have big news, I talked to my dad and things are going well. Ill have to fill you in on the details. Call me sometime and we can catch up. Hope you are doing well.
    PS I love the pic's you took. THey are great

    ReplyDelete